chimaeras ABOUND

Internal banter on ART, FEMINISM, POSTHUMANISM, IDENTITY and "INSANITY".
oh and cyborgs.

Friday, February 24, 2006

More on South Dakota, wait... I mean on the fight for the right to choose.

When I first saw Molly Saves The Day's "For the women of South Dakota: an abortion manual" this morning I will admit I was a little shocked. Not because I felt it was inappropriate, but because I had to ask myself, "Has it really come to this?"

The truth is, YES.

Don't misunderstand me, I do not believe that women should have to set up illegal abortion clinics, it is every woman's right to have access to safe and affordable abortion and miscarriage procedures under the supervision of medical professionals.

HOWEVER, if subjective and misguided politicians are going to insist on controlling other peoples bodies there is nothing we can do but prepare for the worst and hope that our mobilization is a catalyst for the protection of the right to CHOICE.

It really is time to get started, I am not going to let this administration tell me what I can and cannot do with my body.

So, what is next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home