chimaeras ABOUND

Internal banter on ART, FEMINISM, POSTHUMANISM, IDENTITY and "INSANITY".
oh and cyborgs.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

the evolution of an individual

I have recently been undergoing what feels like a complete transformation of my concept of Identity and in turn my own identity. A passing rumination has turned into a exhausting reshaping of self and my perception of the world and while I know he would hate it I have to give some of the credit to one of the most humble and enthusiastic teachers I have ever had, Dale Carrico. (While there is a slight possibility that my admiration is immature, I have only been a student of his for the last three weeks, I severely doubt it.)

The intense need that I had to reshape myself was solely my own but I am almost certain that if I had not started his class when I did and read the "Cyborg Manifesto" by Donna Harraway when I did, I might have truly lost my mind.

To be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home