chimaeras ABOUND

Internal banter on ART, FEMINISM, POSTHUMANISM, IDENTITY and "INSANITY".
oh and cyborgs.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Too many stories to highlight. But South Dakota Abortion Ban scares me.

My recent enlightenment into active feminism/humanism makes me want to comment on almost all the stories I read on both:

feministe.us
feministing.com

HOWEVER, I think it is more important that everyone support those blogs themselves. Bookmark them, visit them, be enraged.

BUT TO CONTRADICT MYSELF, I feel that this story is far to important not to repeat. What is it that people say about triangulation? If we all get pissed enough...something will happen?

We DO need to keep an eye on these South Dakota politicians.

You can read more at feministe.us as well.

ALSO, while researching to find out if their were already other states like South Dakota I found an old article from the SF Chonicle in 2004: Thirty states ready to ban abortion if Roe overturned

How many waves of 'Feminists' were there again? I think its time to start organizing for another.

I'm not kidding.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dark Daughta said...

I'm in Canada and having an extremely conservative government, what's happening in South Dakota sets a precident that's hard to ignore.

February 25, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger karen leslie said...

I know, it is getting really ridiculous. We'll be lucky if we survive the rest of this administration.

February 25, 2006 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home