chimaeras ABOUND

Internal banter on ART, FEMINISM, POSTHUMANISM, IDENTITY and "INSANITY".
oh and cyborgs.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why I almost lost my mind, a continuing discussion with myself.

I almost lost my mind because: (not in any particular order)

a)the spectacle of identity became meaningless to me
b)the importance of aesthetics became meaningless to me
c)i moved to san francisco two months ago to go to sfai.

Basically, I think it all started as a subconcious attempt to distract myself from the stress of moving to a new, well populated city and going to a highly competitive school. But, I am learning that while the subconcious always seems to have the best of intentions, it is rarely ever more rational than the concious mind.

-i have to go get my laundry out of the dryer.-

I ended up not losing my mind because:

a)I moved to san francisco two months ago to go to sfai.
b)I finally began to identify with feminism.
c)and I realized that identity and aesthetics are an unavoidable inevitability. (yes, I know that is redundant.)

*note: to Mike, I will really really try to elaborate on all this later.

*note: to All, Mike was a high school teacher of mine who felt that I chronically underexplain myself, I would have to agree with him, but I also put a lot of value on concise statements.


A question to all: the lower case i (in the place of I), yea or nay?

It is very fashionable, i think, but I am just a bad typist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home